Funded, Current and Pending Research Contracts; Fund-Raising and Development Activities
National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME) Block Grant, $200,000, NACME Institutional Partnership, 2020-2024.
Advanced Robot Solutions (ARS) Company Grant, $37,177.92, [11/2018 -Present], Current.
Trefz Foundation, $800,000 per year, The Trefz school of Business Academic Fund, 2018-Present, Current.
TD-Bank Foundation, $10,000 per year, Executive Business Speaker series, 2018-Present, Current.
CTNext Entrepreneurship and Innovation Funding Program Grant for Higher Education, Establishing a Venture Creation and Technology Commercialization Center in Fairfield County, $720,000, 2017 - present, Current.
DECD and Connecticut Innovations - Technology Talent Bridge Grant, $148,000, 2016-present, Current.
National Institute of Health Grant, "Enhancing Research Administration at an Emerging Research Institution in Urban, Southwest Connecticut," $447,252, 2016-present, current.
Department of Education, “Improving retention and graduation for deserving students,” $220,000, 2015-present, Current.
CT Innovations, University of Bridgeport and Face Checks LLC – Research & Development Funding, $87,000, 2014 – present, Current.
DappDevs Block Chain program Grant, $30,000, 2018.
- Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority (GBTA), STEM on Wheels Grant, A City Bus Donation, $220,000, 2018, Funded.
- GEAR UP University of Bridgeport Partner Grant, $154,200, 2018, Funded.
- Advanced Robotic Systems (ARS) Company Grant, $27,889.92, 2018, Funded.
- The Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority (CHEFA) Discovery STEM on Wheels Project Grant, $74,870, 2018, Funded.
- Standard Oil of CT / Roy Friedman, School of Engineering Fund, $20,000, 2018, Funded.
- Standard Oil of CT / Roy Friedman, School of Engineering Fund, $20,000, 2017, Funded.
- Omega Engineering Equipment Donation for STEM Projects, $2 Million, 2017, Funded
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology – Small Business Incubator Program (SBIP), $186,000 (SBIP), 2014-2017, Funded.
- Building the Fairchild Wheeler Magnet School [Aerospace and Biotechnology High Schools], US Department of Education, $489,000, 2013-2017, Funded.
- "Quadcopter live streaming inside buildings," Arab Science and Technology Foundation, $40,000, Pending, 2017.
- Delivering a series of seminars in Vizag, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai; India, on: "The Future of Interdisciplinary Engineering and Science: Education and Research for Careers that do not exist yet, March 2017
- Innovation Places Planning Grant, Developing strategic plans and applications for an Innovation Places Implementation, CTNext, $50,000, 2016, current.
- Student Travel grant for the ICDL-EPIROB 2016, $5,000 grant, July, 2016.
- Society of Women Engineers Scholarship Fund, 2 scholarships, $40,000, May 2014.
- AWS in Education Research, $10, 000 grant in AWS credits, 2014.
- Delmia Software grant, $68,000, 2014.
- Unitronics PLC equipment grant, $950, 2014.
- Standard Oil Scholarship fund $10,000, 2014.
- Eigel Scholarship fund. $15,000, Current.
- Facial Recognition for Security Applications II, State of CT SBIR Award with UB Incubator, $25,000, [10/2012 - present], Current.
- Facial Recognition for Security Applications, State of CT SBIR Award with UB Incubator, $25,000, [4/2012 - 9/2012], Funded.
- "Graduate Visiting Scholar Research Program - Online Robotics", U.S.A. - Austria Marshall Plan program, Graduate Scholar Support for 1 year, $25,000, Current, [3/1/2010 - 2/28/2011].
- "Advanced Technology in Support of Hybrid Projectiles", FY 2010 Defense Appropriation Request, $2.4 million, Current. [1/1/2010 - 1/7/2011]
- Hybrid Projectile Vision System, Imperial Machine and Tool Company, $30,000; April 2010 - July 2010 - Current.
- Development of a travel grant, U.S. Army Armanent, Research, Development & Engineering Center (ARDEC), $5,000, Funded. [1/2010]
- "Hybrid Projectile Design," U.S. Army Armament, Research, Development & Engineering Center (ARDEC), $57,688, Funded. [8/1/2008 - 5/31/2009]
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology Grant for project entitled: "Center for Simulation, Modeling and Analysis for Robotic Applications", 1/1/08-12/31/08, $40,000, Funded.
- Establishing the Paul T. Bauer Scholarship Fund, Current.
- NACME Scholars Grant, $4000 - $10,000 per NACME scholar, 2005 - 2009, Current.
- $2.4 million in Scholarships for Connecticut Pre-Engineering Program, November 2007, Funded.
- Initiated fund-raising campaigns in the Schools of Engineering and Business at the University of Bridgeport, 2006 - 2007.
- Carstenson Hall (UB) renovation, Private Donor, September 2006, $20,000, Funded.
- Co-established student-staffed IT Support Services, at the University of Bridgeport, Annual funded cost $36,000 - $40,000, February 2006 - December 2007, Funded.
- Sikorsky Aircraft UTC, grant, $5,000, Funded, 2006.
- Bodine Inc, $10,000, CAD Workshop, 2006, Funded.
- ConnCAP Summer 2006 Grant, Department of Education, $5,000, Funded.
- Robotic Musicians Display, cost re-imbursement, Discovery Museum, 2005 - 2006, Funded.
- GE Foundation, $8,000, Educational Funds, 2005, Funded.
- Pitney Bowes Literacy and Education Scholarship Fund, scholarship for the School of Engineering, $8,000, Funded, 2005 - 2007.
- NSF workshop, "Mathematical Models in Engineering Education", Purdue University, February 2005, $5,000, Funded.
- NASA CT Space Consortium Grant, "Five Year EPSCoR and CT Space Grant", National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program consortium, (Univ. of Bridgeport, Univ. of Hartford and consortium of four other universities), NASA, Current, $2,369,085.
- School of Engineering Academic Scholarships, GE Development Fund Grant, $15,000, 2003-2006, Funded.
- “Development of a high reliability, multi-algorithm facial recognition system based on web services, IQ Inc., June 2002, through December 2003, $80,000 plus 750,000 shares, Funded.
- "Low Bandwidth, Animated, Streaming Audio Based Distance Learning," Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium (CTDLC), March 1, 2003, through February 29, 2004; $11,200, Funded.
- "NSF Engineering Design Workshop," NSF, held on UB's campus in April 2002, Funded.
- "Exploring Academic and Industrial Training and Exchange Possibilities in Germany," Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) Fund, $7,500, March 2002, Funded.
- Kiran Gopu Scholarship, Kiran Gopu family, Scholarship Endowment seed for the School of Engineering, $20,000, 2002, Funded.
- "Rapid Prototyping in Support of Manufacturing and Automation," United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Transfer of Knowledge through Expatriate Nationals (TOTKEN) Fund, $3,500, December 2001, Funded.
- "NSF Engineering Assessment Workshop," NSF, held on UB's campus in September 2001, $4,500, Funded.
- Visiting Deans Program, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, May 2001, Funded.
- Data Solutions, Inc., $124,000 grant to work on software compliance and certification in hospital environments, 2000, Funded.
- "Budget and Equipment to build the Robotics, Intelligent Sensing and Control (RISC) Laboratory" Internal Proposal for matching funds, University of Bridgeport, $16,500, 1997, Funded.
- "Tolerance Analysis for Sensing, Design, and Manufacturing," Future Engineering Systems, May 1996, through September 1999; $76,234, Funded.
- "Establishing the Robotics, Intelligent Sensing and Control (RISC) Laboratory at the University of Bridgeport," Future Engineering Systems, January 1996, through May 1997; $16,500, Funded.
- "Utah Center for Human Genome Research," NIH, September 1994, through August 1999; $37,603,924; Funded. (Senior Investigator)
- "Utilizing URK (Utah Robot Kit) through Multi-Media Technology," Office of Naval Research, July 1, 1994, through March 31, 1995; $40,000; Funded.
- "CISE Research Instrumentation," NSF, January 1, 1994, through December 31, 1994; $37,310 plus $18,656 in University of Utah matching funds, Funded.
- "Sensing Strategies for Advanced Manufacturing," Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), September 1, 1993, through August 31, 1996; $886,718; Funded.
- "Reverse Engineering of Mechanical Parts," The _1 Graphics Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Utah, June 15, 1993, through September, 15 1993; Student Research Fellowship; Funded.
- "Sensing for Inspection and Reverse Engineering," Augmentation Awards for Science and Engineering Research Training, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) / Office of Naval Research (ONR), July 1, 1993, through June 30, 1996; $244,470; Funded.
- "Real-Time Control Systems," University of Utah Research Equipment Support Funds, July 1, 1993, through June 30, 1994; $14,225; Funded.
- "CISE Research Instrumentation," NSF, January 1, 1993, through December 31, 1993; $57,606 plus $28,803 in University of Utah matching funds, Funded.
- "Computer Aided Reverse Engineering," University of Utah Research Committee, November 1992, through October 1993; $4,924; Funded.